Lectio Divina is held in the Manly in the Parish Centre. All Welcome
Tuesday Evenings 7.30pm
Wednesday mornings 10am
I am the Way, the Truth & the Life - John 14:6
A reading and reflection on the Scriptures which leads to prayer and transformation of life.
Reading - getting to know the text (senses)
- Take in all the elements of the text.
- Be aware of the context, related texts, quotes.
- Who are the key characters; what are the keywords.
- Don't choose any one thing to work with at this stage.
- You are gathering food for thought.
Meditation - engaging with the text, making it my own (reason)
What does the text tell me?
- about the God who speaks?
- about responding to that God?
- about my faith life?
- about what I need to do to transform my faith life?
Prayer - let prayer emerge from your working with the text (will)
- Our prayer is rooted in our reading/meditation.
- Meditation humbles us, so we turn humbly to God.
- We seek the grace we need to do what we must.
- We acknowledge that alone we can do nothing.
- All that we can do in prayer, is done here.
Action - throughout the day
- Now choose a word, phrase, sentence.
- Bring it to mind frequently during the day
- Let it recapture the experience of your lectio.
- Use it especially in situations relating to your lectio.
- "Daily and hourly till the soil of the heart with the Gospel plough".
adapted from Faith formation for life and leadership
Details of when Lectio Divina runs at our Parish