Eight Ways to Honour the Holy Souls in November
November is the month we remember the dead. Here are some easy ways to be involved this year.
All who die in God’s grace and friendship but still imperfectly purified, are indeed assured of their eternal salvation; but after death, they undergo purification, so as to achieve the holiness necessary to enter the joy of heaven.
Those suffering but hopeful souls whom our prayers assist will someday be in heaven and will in turn pray for us. November is an ideal time to help the Holy Souls through prayer and acts of love and charity. It’s also a good time to remember that we are sinners and must strengthen our own souls so that we may enter heaven. Here are eight ways you can honour the Holy Souls in Purgatory this November:
- Make a Holy Souls resolution this month.
- Pray for the souls in Purgatory with St Gertrude's Prayer.
- Perform acts of charity and sacrifices for the Holy Souls.
- Make soul cakes.
- Have a souling party for the young -- and the young at heart.
- Visit a cemetery and pray for the deceased.
- Request and offer Masses for the repose of souls.
- Remember your departed relatives and friends around the dinner table.
At the link below, Annabelle Moseley expands upon the list.
Eight Ways to honour the Holy Souls this November
Annabelle Moseley at Aleteia