The Pymble Catholic Parish has a comprehensive annual Sacramental Program for children. The order of the sacraments is Baptism, Confirmation, Reconciliation and then First Communion.
The preparation for each of these sacraments involves an individual enrolment, an initial parent meeting and a preparation program led by parent volunteers. The enrolment procedure is an online process explained below.
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the sacramental calendar for 2020 has been brought to a halt. The program will commence once it is clear that it is safe to do so.
Nevertheless, enrolments for Confirmation at Pymble Catholic Parish are still open and continue to be available at the links below. The booking service will be used as a way to communicate directly with you once dates have been organised for this joyous sacrament in 2020.
As always, we will do our best to be flexible to the needs of the community. If, for example, you have registered your child for Confirmation and the actual date of the celebration does not suit you at Pymble, you will be welcome to prepare with our Parish, but celebrate the sacrament at a neighbouring church. Alternatively, if you register and find you do not want to partake in the sacrament in 2020 prior to commencement, we will offer you a registration fee refund.
Registration for the sacrament of First Reconciliation and Communion preparation program will remain closed until further notice.
Please keep up to date with this information by visiting the Parish Web site or via the Parish bulletin. The Parish bulletin can be emailed to you weekly if you subscribe by emailing your relevant information to the Parish office.
For further information or assistance, please contact Melanie Benbow, Sacramental Program and CCD Coordinator, via the Parish office.
Overall Schedule for 2020
The program schedule has been arranged to ensure the dates do not conflict with school holidays and various other events, whilst allowing the children and parents to have ample preparation time for these sacraments.
- Parent Welcome and Information Meeting: Wednesday, 29 April at 7:30pm at Sacred Heart church
- Preparation Program: over four weeks in April and May (Term 1) with nominated group
- Presentation Mass: Sunday, 3 May, any mass, either church
- Practice: Thursday, 28 May at 4:30pm or 6pm at Sacred Heart church
- Service: Saturday, 30 May at Sacred Heart church at 2:30pm or 5:30pm
- Parent Welcome and Information Meeting: Wednesday, 20 May at 7:30pm at Sacred Heart (combined with First Communion)
- Preparation Program: over four weeks in May and June (Term 2) with nominated group
- Presentation Mass: Sunday, 31 May, any mass, either church.
- Practice: No Practice
- Service: Tuesday, 16 June at 6:30pm Sacred Heart church or Wednesday, 17 June at 4pm Our Lady of Perpetual Succour church
- Parent Welcome and Information Meeting: Wednesday, 20 May at 7:30pm at Sacred Heart (combined with First Reconciliation)
- Preparation Program: over four weeks in July and August (Term 3) with nominated group
- Presentation Mass: Sunday, 26 July any mass, either church
- Confession at least one more time prior to First Communion:
- At Sacred Heart church: 8:30am Friday, 5pm Saturday, 5:30pm Sunday
- At Our Lady of Perpetual Succour church: 9:30am Saturday
- Practice: Saturday, 12 September at 3pm at Sacred Heart church for those participating in the Sacred Heart service or Saturday, 19 September at 3pm at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour church for those participating in the Our Lady of Perpetual Succour service
- Service: Sunday, 13 September at 11:30am at Sacred Heart church or Sunday, 20 September at 11:30am at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour church
Further information is available via a series of documents relating to the program components. The first document below provides the overall schedule for the year. The following documents provide progressive program details for Confirmation, and the First Reconciliation and First Communion components.
Document: Overall program schedue for the 2020 year (PDF 46.3KB)
Document: Program information for Confirmation (PDF 47.1KB)
Document: Program information for First Reconciliation and First Communion (PDF 46.6KB)
Online Enrolment for Confirmation
Each child needs to be enrolled at each step in the process. Individual enrolments are necessary for each child in each family.
Online enrolment will open approximately four weeks prior to the respective parent information evening.
The online enrolment for each of the sacraments is generally due in the school term prior to when they occur. Each program is organised as a family-centred program in order to best accommodate the ever changing needs of those in our community.
The link below will take you to the online enrolment process. The online process also provides additional information on the program.
Pymble Catholic Parish Program Enrolment
If you need any assistance or have questions please contact the Sacramental Coordinator, Melanie Benbow, via the Parish office.