An opportunity for an active role in the Mass
Girls and boys who have received their First Holy Communion are encouraged to participate as an Altar Server. Altar servers are guided as they support the priest in various tasks during Mass. In this way, an altar server can have an active role in the Mass and experience a sense of belonging.
Parish training for altar servers is provided. The next scheduled training session for Altar Servers is from 5:30pm to 5:45pm on Thursday, 8 September 2022.
Why become an altar server?
- Altar serving is a way of actively participating in the Mass.
- Altar servers have a privileged place in the Mass, it is not only a duty but a great honour.
- Altar servers experience very personally that Jesus Christ is present during Mass.
What is required?
- Altar servers must have received their First Holy Communion.
- Altar servers serve during one of the weekend Masses.
- Altar servers attend a 20 minute training session held in the Church.
If your child is interested in this program for Pymble or West Pymble, please contact the Parish office or return the registration form below. The forms are also available at the back of both churches.
Altar Server application form (PDF 231.1KB)
Alternatively, registrations may be submitted online at the link below.