Parish Coronavirus Procedures
NSW government coronavirus procedures allow Mass attendance in accordance with the "Two Square Metre Rule" and the "Maximum Attendance Limit". In advance attendance registration procedures are not in use.
The coronavirus procedures below are now in place for the Pymble parish.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Everyone attending any church service must complete the attendance registration process at the entrance to the church. To assist with this process, please arrive early so that you have time to complete registration. If necessary, this information may be used by NSW Health in support of contact tracing actions. You may also use the Service NSW QR code registration process at the entrance to the church.
- Everyone attending a church service must observe physical distancing providing two square meters of space for each person not in a household group.
- Other than Marriages and Funerals (for which there is no limit), other church activities are subject to the two square meter rule for the venue and the maximum attendance limit.
- Everyone is encouraged to wear a face mask while attending any church service.
- Both Parish churches, Sacred Heart Pymble and Our Lady of Perpetual Succour West Pymble, are open for private prayer.
- The celebration of Mass at both Parish churches has returned to regular times.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at both Parish churches at regular times.
- Because of coronavirus restrictions, schedules relating to the sacramental program have changed. Further information on the sacramental program is available from Melanie Benbow via the Parish office.
Please continue to keep your distance from other people whenever possible. When around other people, it is important to practice physical distancing (social distancing), good hygiene procedures and to use a face mask.
Two Square Metre Rule and Maximum Attendance Limit
The number of people permitted inside an indoor venue is determined by allocating “one person to each two square metres” within the venue. The two square metre rule helps determine the maximum number of people permitted within a premises or attending an event. It does not determine distance between people. Physical distancing is reducing close physical contact with one another and staying 1.5 metres away from people not part of the same household. All indoor activity must be seated only. From time to time, NSW Health may also impose maximum attendance limits.
Under the current NSW Health rules, the Two Square Metre Rule permitted capacity of the Sacred Heart church in Pymble is 260, and the permitted capacity of the Our Lady of Perpetual Succour church in West Pymble is 130.
Please be aware that NSW health regulations are under constant review.
We thank you for your incredible generosity, continued support and patience during these very difficult and trying times for our Parish community and the world.
Please don't hesitate to contact the Parish office if you have any questions.
Health advice on the use of face masks
Further notes relating to coronavirus
NSW Health regulation announcements
NSW Health coronavirus case location information