Parish Coronavirus Procedures
Coronavirus adjustments by the NSW government allow an increase in capacity and Mass attendance in accordance with the “Four Square Metre Rule”. The advance registration process has been discontinued.
The coronavirus procedures below are now in place for the Pymble parish.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Everyone attending any church service must complete an attendance registration form available at the entrance to the church. To assist with this process, please arrive early so that you can complete the attendance record. If necessary, this information may be used by NSW Health in support of contact tracing actions.
- Everyone attending any church service must observe the physical distancing rule providing four square meters of space for each person.
- All church activities are subject to the four square meter rule for the venue.
- Both Parish churches, Sacred Heart Pymble and Our Lady of Perpetual Succour West Pymble, are open for private prayer.
- The celebration of Mass at both Parish churches has returned to regular times.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at both Parish churches at regular times.
- Marriages, Baptisms and Funerals can be celebrated following the procedures above.
- Because of the coronavirus restrictions, the sacrament of Confirmation remains suspended for the time being. If you have any questions about the sacramental program, please contact Melanie Benbow via the Parish office.
Please continue to keep your distance from other people whenever possible. When around other people, it is important to practice physical distancing (social distancing) and good hygiene.
Four Square Metre Rule
The number of people permitted inside an indoor venue is determined by allocating “one person to each four square metres” within the venue.
The four square metre rule helps determine the maximum number of people permitted within a premises or attending an event. It does not determine distance between people. Physical distancing is reducing close physical contact with one another and staying 1.5 metres away from people not part of the same household. All indoor activity must be seated only.
Under the four square metre rule, the capacity of the Sacred Heart church in Pymble is 130 and the capacity of the Our Lady of Perpetual Succour church in West Pymble is 65.
We thank you for your incredible generosity, continued support and patience during these very difficult and trying times for our Parish community and the world.
Please don't hesitate to contact the Parish office if you have any questions.
Further notes relating to coronavirus