Parish Coronavirus Procedures
NSW government coronavirus procedures allow Mass attendance in accordance with the “Four Square Metre Rule” and the "Maximum Attendance Limit". In advance registration procedures are not in use.
The coronavirus procedures below are now in place for the Pymble parish.
- Please stay home if you are feeling unwell or if you are experiencing cold or flu symptoms.
- Everyone attending any church service must complete an attendance registration form available at the entrance to the church. To assist with this process, please arrive early so that you can complete the attendance record. If necessary, this information may be used by NSW Health in support of contact tracing actions.
- Everyone attending any church service must observe the physical distancing rule providing four square meters of space for each person.
- All church activities are subject to the four square meter rule for the venue and the maximum attendance limit.
- You are encouraged to wear a face mask while attending any church service.
- Both Parish churches, Sacred Heart Pymble and Our Lady of Perpetual Succour West Pymble, are open for private prayer.
- The celebration of Mass at both Parish churches has returned to regular times.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation is available at both Parish churches at regular times.
- Marriages, Baptisms and Funerals can be celebrated following the procedures above.
- Because of coronavirus restrictions, schedules relating to the sacrament of Confirmation have been changed. Further information on the sacramental program is available from Melanie Benbow via the Parish office.
Please continue to keep your distance from other people whenever possible. When around other people, it is important to practice physical distancing (social distancing), good hygiene procedures and to use a face mask.
Four Square Metre Rule and Maximum Attendance Limit
The number of people permitted inside an indoor venue is determined by allocating “one person to each four square metres” within the venue.
The four square metre rule helps determine the maximum number of people permitted within a premises or attending an event. It does not determine distance between people. Physical distancing is reducing close physical contact with one another and staying 1.5 metres away from people not part of the same household. All indoor activity must be seated only. From time to time, NSW Health may also impose maximum attendance limits.
Under the current NSW Health rules, the permitted capacity of the Sacred Heart church in Pymble is 100 and the permitted capacity of the Our Lady of Perpetual Succour church in West Pymble is 65.
We thank you for your incredible generosity, continued support and patience during these very difficult and trying times for our Parish community and the world.
Please don't hesitate to contact the Parish office if you have any questions.
Health advice on the use of face masks
Further notes relating to coronavirus