Coronavirus Update Parish Letter
15 May 2020
On Sunday, 10 May, the Premier Gladys Berejiklian announced the NSW Government response to the Federal Government three step plan to ease coronavirus restrictions. In respect of our own Parish, we are now able to act as follows from Friday, 15 May 2020.
- Both our Parish churches, Sacred Heart Pymble and Our Lady of Perpetual Succour West Pymble will be open for private prayer, with a limit of 10 people. Please note that you will need to complete a registration form available at the entrance of the church.
- Weekday Masses will be celebrated at Sacred Heart Church Pymble from Tuesday to Friday at 9am. Please note that the number of attendees will be limited to 10 people and a registration procedure will be in place.
- Weekend Masses will be celebrated at both parish churches at regular times. Please note that the number of attendees will be limited to 10 people and a registration procedure will be in place.
Weekend Masses at Sacred Heart Church Pymble
5:30pm Vigil Mass
Weekend Masses at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Church West Pymble
5:00pm Vigil Mass
Online Parish Sunday Mass will continue to be available through the Parish Web site.
- Baptisms can be celebrated as well as Marriages keeping the number of attendees limited to immediate family (10 people maximum).
- Funerals can be celebrated for groups of 20 people indoors practising social distancing of four square meters per person.
- The Sacrament of Reconciliation will be celebrated at both parish churches at regular times.
Reconciliation at Sacred Heart Church Pymble
Reconciliation at Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Church West Pymble
- As directed by the Diocese of Broken Bay, the sacrament of Confirmation remains on hold for the time being. If you have any questions about the sacramental program, please contact Melanie Benbow via the Parish office.
Registration Procedure for Parish Masses
If you would like to attend any of the parish Masses, please note that you will need to register before attending. The registration procedure is very simple, please complete the following steps:
- Contact the Parish office by email or phone.
- Provide your full name and contact details.
- Advise which Mass you would like to attend.
You will then receive confirmation from Parish staff by email or by phone. If you are unable to attend the Mass that you have registered for, please contact the Parish office as soon as possible.
Weekday Masses at Sacred Heart Church Pymble will start on Tuesday, 19 May at 9am. We will celebrate Masses with no music or other ministries and only one senior server, to allow more parishioners to participate in the Mass celebration.
We thank you for your incredible generosity, continued support and patience during these very difficult and trying times for our Parish community and the world.
Please don't hesitate to contact the Parish office if you have any questions.
Yours in Christ
Fr Boguslaw Loska SDS