Throughout the year our parish community has a number of collections and appeals. On a weekly basis
there are two regular collections.
The First Collection
The first collection on Sundays and the gifts received for Baptism, Weddings and Funerals and the proceeds of Christmas and Easter collections go towards the upkeep of the clergy.
The Second Collection
The second collection is for the parish. These donations provide for all of the pastoral and operating expenses of the parish. Donations to this collection consist of planned giving by direct debit of
credit card or by weekly envelopes and by cash given
at the time of the collection.
If you would like to join the planned giving programme through credit card, EFT credits or planned giving envelopes simply download and complete the planned giving programme form.
Completed forms may be returned to the parish office, by mail, email or placed in the offertory at Mass.
The appeals during the year are:
- Pastoral Works Broken Bay – Each year there are three special appeals for the Pastoral Works Broken Bay to support the charitable activities of the Diocese. All donations to the Pastoral Works Broken Bay of $2 or more are 100% tax deductible. Donations can be made through www.bbcatholic.org.au/pastoralworks
- Holy Places appeal – on Good Friday to promote missionary work of the Church and support education, health, medical and social works for the people of the Holy Land and to preserve and restore the sacred historical sites.
- Peter's Pence - to provide the Holy Father with the financial means to respond to those in need. The proceeds enable the Pope to assist the most disadvantaged in emergency situations including victims of war, oppression and disasters.
- Project Compassion – during lent which constitutes the major source of funds for Caritas, for its work of assisting the disadvantaged in many overseas countries.
- World Mission Day Appeal occurs in the second half of the year and the money collected goes to Catholic Mission to help the poor in Australia and abroad.
- We also make a collection for the Winter Appeal and the Christmas Appeal to help the cause of the St Vincent de Paul Society.
Parishioners are very supportive of all these causes. Anyone wishing to make a special donation or a bequest to any of the above causes is always welcome. To make arrangements for any of these contributions please contact the parish office.