10 August 2021
Bishop Anthony Randazzo is delighted to announce the new name and brand Pastoral Works Broken Bay, replacing the Charitable Works Fund (CWF).
The purpose of the new name is to better reflect the authentic, life-giving pastoral work you are helping to support, and provide a name that uniquely connects it to our Diocese of Broken Bay.
Pastoral Works Broken Bay will play a vital role in building on the six Pastoral priorities for the Diocese, including giving vital support to life-changing ministries, nurturing families, and parish communities.
Each year, about 20,000 families and friends - those in hospitals, schools, parishes, and the wider community - will be assisted through the generous support of donors in our parish communities to Pastoral Works Broken Bay.
Thank you for your support of this important and historic initiative for the Diocese of Broken Bay.
A new name signifies fresh purpose and direction. In Scripture, for example, we read God changed Abram’s name to Abraham or Simon’s name to Peter.
“I pray the change from CWF to Pastoral Works Broken Bay enables us to reach further and wider in helping our local community and more deeply connects us to the mission of Jesus,” said Bishop Anthony Randazzo.
Your generosity means the Church can be there during times of great need, renewing and rebuilding their lives. Your donation helps the following five charities:
- Hospital Chaplaincy & Pastoral Care Practitioners- Helping those who are vulnerable, experiencing loneliness or sick in hospital.
- Confraternity of Christian Doctrine - Catechists taking the gospel to State school students.
- St Edmund’s College - Serving year 7-12 students with disability.
- St Lucy’s School - Serving year K-12 students with disability.
- Ephpheta Centre - Pastoral care, sacraments, and advocacy for the deaf community.
Every gift makes a difference to someone in hospital, school, a parish or the wider community. Donate now here.