A program for individual couples which provides you with the opportunity to explore your relationship in a relaxed and confidential setting through the support and facilitation of an accredited relationship educator. The program utilises an in-depth user-friendly questionnaire which is designed to help you and your partner learn more about yourselves and your unique relationship. There is the opportunity to gain skills and knowledge enabling you to continue strengthening your relationship. This program is offered over two or more sessions.
FOCCUS was developed in 1985 by three marriage and family therapists with these goals in mind:
- To provide a user-friendly inventory
- To be utilized by individuals and professionals
- To help prepare couples for marriage
- To emphasise a facilitation process rather than counselling
- To address issues important for engaged couples to discuss and understand
- To base the inventory on current research and consultation with experts in the field
- To update inventory to address developing issues such as couples with children, interfaith couples, second marriages and cohabitation
The inventory session assesses couples’ agreement, disagreement, or indecision about statements related to important issues, such as communication, problem solving, religion, family and friends, careers, cohabitation, parenting, sexuality, finances and more.
Based over two sessions with a qualified FOCCUS facilitator these appointments can be held at Waitara, Naremburn and Brookvale.
All bookings are by appointment only and will be scheduled by our office. First appointments will be booked in consecutive timeslots with another appointment and you may be waitlisted till dates become available. Second sessions will be booked directly with your facilitator. No weekend appointments are available.
Call: 9488 2400 Waitara Family Centre