The Vocations Team
Diocese of Broken Bay
THINKING ABOUT PRIESTHOOD?
A Seminary Open Day will be held at on Sunday 14 February 2021 at the Good Shepherd Seminary, 52-58 Abbotsford Road, Homebush starting with Morning Prayer at 9.00am and a public Mass at 10:00am. The day will include prayer, conversations with seminarians and priests, talks with information about the studies required of men training for the priesthood and a guided tour around the Seminary. Brunch will be provided.
For registration or more information visit us at vocationcentre.org.au or contact us at the Vocation Centre on 02 9307 8424 or email email@example.com or alternatively contact the Vocations Office Broken Bay on 0418 522 449.
Online registration for this event is available now and can be accessed via the website, Facebook event page or here.
Catholic Vocations are many and varied. Priesthood, Permanent Diaconate, Religious Life, Ecclesial Women, Single life and Married life are all valid Catholic Vocations. Our paths may be different, but through our Baptism, we are all called by God to journey together. God calls everyone to follow Him - there is no question about that! The question is: how is God calling ME to follow Him? For more information on how to find your calling, visit www.catholicozvocations.org.au
The Role of the Vocations Ministry is to:
- Foster and nurture a “vocation culture” across the Diocese of Broken Bay
- Foster an awareness and understanding of the specific vocation of Priesthood, Diaconate and Consecrated Life, and encourage men and women to consider these lifestyles as possible and life-giving options for the future
- Accompany and guide those who are discerning their vocation
- Support and assist men in exploring a vocation to the priesthood, and women and men exploring a vocation to consecrated life
- Assist men and facilitate the process of entering the Good Shepherd Seminary
- Organise events and provide one-on-one advice in discerning the priesthood, diaconate or consecrated life
- Provide resources for vocations and discernment
For more information, take a look at our resources page.
For any enquiries, please contact our Vocations Office.