Vacancies in Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Broken Bay
Sacramental Life & RCIA Coordinator
Office for Evangelisation
Reporting to the Team Leader of Life, Marriage and Family in the Office for Evangelisation, the primary purpose of the Sacramental Life & RCIA Coordinator (Rite of Christian Initiation) is to promote and support a vibrant sacramental life within the Diocese.
The main responsibilities of the Sacramental Life & RCIA Coordinator are to:
• Promote a vibrant sacramental life within the Diocese;
• Plan, develop and implement formation programs, training and workshops for the Sacraments of Initiation among others and promote the theology and proper practice of each;
• Promote new Sacraments of Initiation resources to assist parish coordinators in their ministry;
• Develop formation and catechetical opportunities on sacramental themes;
• Coordinate the continued development of the Diocesan Sacramental Program.
• Establish a collaborative relationship with Catholic Schools with a view to introducing uninitiated parents and families to the sacramental life of the Catholic Church.
• Collaborate and assist in other works and projects of the Life, Marriage and Family team;
• Provide training to support parishes in preparation for the Sacraments of Initiation;
• Provide training in policies and guidelines related to the sacraments and the Rite of Christian Initiation (RCIA).
This appointment is subject to a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW)
If you are interested in applying for this position please apply online via Seek.com.au or email@example.com and include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close on: Monday, 12 November 2018.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to work with the Manager, Administration and Customer Service to provide executive assistance to the Diocesan Financial Administrator and support other administrative functions including some Human Resources processes.
As the successful candidate you will meet the following selection criteria:
1. At least 5 years experience providing administrative support preferably working for a senior manager or senior executive;
2. Advanced level skills in Microsoft Word and high-level skills in document drafting, proof reading, system template production, collation, filing and spreadsheet management;
3. High level skills in diary management, time management and prioritising schedules;
4. Experience providing administrative support to a Board or Management Committee including collating papers, preparing agendas, room setup, scheduling meetings and minute taking;
5. Excellent telephone manner including the ability to tactfully screen calls, assist with enquiries or redirect where appropriate;
6. Ability to develop and maintain filing systems;
7. A mature outlook, tact and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality;
8. Ability to remain calm and focused while working in a fast paced, dynamic environment;
9. Ability to assist with administrative functions including Human Resources processes;
10. An understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and its unique challenges and opportunities.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online or via
firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close 4pm on Monday 12 November 2018.
Please note that the successful candidate may be required to undergo pre-employment screening including a National Police Check Clearance.
Part-time (22.8 hrs/ wk.) $34.32/ hr
We are seeking a Vocations Officer to work with the Director of Vocations in promoting and fostering vocations in priesthood and permanent diaconate within the Diocese.
The position is accountable to the Director of Vocations and initially for a period of two years. The role is 24hrs/wk. and includes travel, meetings, events and some office work. Work hours are flexible to allow for some evening and weekend work.
1. A sound understanding of the faith of the Catholic Church and the mission of the Diocese;
2. Experience in Catholic ministry, including with young adults;
3. Qualifications or some studies in theology or scripture;
4. A self-starter with the capacity to be responsible for the Vocations Office;
5. A willingness to organise and run events;
6. Solid computer skills including in Microsoft Office suite;
7. Understanding of and ability to use social media to promote vocations within the Diocese;
8. An ability to assist and support the Vocations Director with administration work.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply via
email@example.com and include a cover letter explaining how you meet the selection criteria and a current CV.
Applications close 4pm on Monday 19 November 2018.
Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including a Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW).
Facilities & WHS Officer - Pennant Hills
We are seeking an experienced Facilities & WHS Officer to provide facilities management and expertise in maintaining Diocesan assets as well as coordinating and managing Chancery and Parish WHS responsibilities.
As the successful candidate you will meet the following selection criteria:
• Experience providing building management and asset management services including administering trades, utilities, building contracts and Work Orders;
• Capacity to undertake a range of non-trade qualified minor maintenance tasks and repairs and general clerical support functions;
• Experience working cooperatively with tenants and providing maintenance services to tenants;
• Certificate Level, or equivalent qualifications, or sound work experience in a related building management field;
• White Card and current drivers licence;
• Understanding of the provisions of the Work Health and Safety Act and related building management provisions relating to safe and effective operations;
• Experience implementing and maintaining WHS Management Systems;
• Sound communication and personal organisational / administrative skills with the ability to listen, interpret and report information in a clear and accurate manner;
• Competent computer skills in common software packages (e.g. Microsoft Word, Excel and Access) with ability to input, retrieve and analyse information from spreadsheets and related databases;
• Ability to work cooperatively, with responsible initiative and flexibility, often under limited direction and supervision;
• Desirable to have some experience working in close collaboration with parishes, agencies, religious orders or congregations of the Catholic Church or similar stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online at Seek or via firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close 4pm on Friday, 26 October 2018.
Please note that the successful candidate may be required to undergo pre-employment screening.
Pastoral Support Worker – Youth & Digital Communications (Casual)
Holy Name Wahroonga Parish
Holy Name Catholic Parish, Wahroonga is seeking a Youth and Digital Communications Officer (16 hrs per week) to plan, resource and implement an interesting program of youth activities and digital communications strategy specifically targeting young people in high school and young adults. While hours are flexible they will include evening and some weekend work.
As the successful candidate you will be able to tick the following:
• A great understanding of youth ministry programs and a keen interest in developing young people in the context of the Catholic Church;
• An equally great understanding of digital communications and its use in developing youth ministry;
• Fantastic skills in using computer apps as well as Microsoft Word;
• Awesome organisational skills and great at organising yourself and others;
• Awesome people skills and great oral and written communication skills;
• Able to work by yourself and work as a part of the parish team.
For more info including the position description ring the Parish Office on 9489 3221 or email email@example.com. Applications will need to be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org and include a cover letter (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV.
Applications close Monday 29 October 2018.
This appointment is subject to the successful candidate being able to provide a satisfactory Working with Children Check Clearance in accordance with the relevant provisions of the Child Protection (Working with Children) Act 2012 (NSW).