Vacancies in Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Broken Bay
Vacancies in CatholicCare, Diocese of Broken Bay
CCD Regional Coordinator (Northern Beaches)
Office for Evangelisation
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay extends from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, the North Shore and up to the Central Coast. Reporting to the CCD Diocesan Coordinator, the CCD Regional Coordinator’s primary purpose, in this position, is to facilitate the catechesis of Catholic students in government primary and secondary schools on the Northern Beaches.
The CCD Regional Coordinator (Northern Beaches) is responsible for the coordination of CCD in this region including curriculum delivery, parish support and the training of coordinators and catechists for the ministry of SRE. The CCD is a team within the Office for Evangelisation.
As the successful candidate you will have the following skills and attributes:
• An understanding of the Catholic Church, its mission and the sensitivities and nuances of dealing with various stakeholders;
• Relevant tertiary qualifications in religious education and/or theology or equivalent experience;
• Experience in parish-based ministries and development of parish-based programs and activities, management of groups and individuals, and the development and promotion of links with key internal and external groups, agencies and organisations.
• Ability to develop and implement training and formation programs for CCD Ministry in both face-to-face and online modes, to enable parish CCD coordinators to effectively coordinate SRE at a local level and catechists to teach SRE to Catholic students in public schools of their parish;
• A knowledge of Department of Education and Office of the Children’s Guardian requirements in relation to the provision of SRE in public schools of NSW;
• Excellent interpersonal and communication (both written and oral) skills, including negotiation, consultation and the ability to facilitate collaborations between the Confraternity of Christian Doctrine, the parishes and public schools;
• High level skills in contemporary computer applications including the Microsoft office suite;
• Excellent organisational skills and the ability to reprioritise and reorganise priorities;
• Excellent word processing, telephone and diary management skills;
• Ability to identify training and resource needs at a parish and regional level and respond to these;
• A driver’s licence is also required for the role.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply on line at email@example.com Please submit a cover letter, statement that shows how you meet the above selection criteria and a current CV.
Applications close COB Monday 21 January 2019.