Human Resources Officer (Pennant Hills Full Time)
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay extends from Sydney’s Northern Beaches, the North Shore and the Central Coast.
We are seeking an experienced Human Resources Officer to manage our human resources processes, workers compensation claims and RTW. You will also provide generalist HR advice and support to the Chancery and parishes across the Diocese.
As the successful candidate you will meet the following selection criteria:
• Tertiary qualifications in Human Resources Management or significant equivalent experience;
• A comprehensive understanding of HR and WHS including recruitment, retention, performance management, redundancy, termination and RTW/WHS processes;
• Demonstrable technical understanding of employment law and employment contract administration;
• At least 5 years’ experience working as a Human Resources Officer in medium or large organisations;
• Exceptional time management skills, high level skills in Microsoft Office and highly competent in keyboard and computer skills;
• Experience in training staff and developing supervisors in best practice in managing employees;
• Understanding of employee screening techniques including WWCC and NCHRCs;
• An understanding of the Catholic Church and a commitment to the mission of the Church;
• Desirable to have some experience working in close collaboration with parishes, agencies, religious orders or congregations of the Catholic Church or similar stakeholders.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please apply online via email@example.com and include a cover letter, statement as to the selection criteria (which explains how you meet the requirements of this role) and a current CV. Applications close 4pm on Monday 20 August 2018. Please note that the successful candidate will be required to undergo pre-employment screening including a National Police Check Clearance.
Youth Ministry Coordinator (P/T)
Frenchs Forest Catholic Parish is seeking a Youth Ministry Coordinator (initially 8 hrs p.w.) to plan, resource and implement an interesting program of youth activities for youth aged 12-18, and young adults aged 18-35. Hours are flexible, but will include some evening and weekend work.
You’ll be a good organiser, with excellent people skills and a keen interest in developing young people within the context of the Catholic Church.
Applications close Sunday 19 August 2018. For more info including the selection criteria ring 9451 5097 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful applicant will be required to comply with the relevant provisions of the Commission for Children and Young Persons Act 1998.
Vacancies in Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Broken Bay