Manager for Safeguarding (Chancery)
Based in Pennant Hills
The Catholic Diocese of Broken Bay, under the leadership of Bishop Anthony Randazzo, serves the People of God in the northern regions of Sydney, North Shore, Northern Beaches and NSW Central Coast.
We are seeking to recruit a Manager for Safeguarding (Chancery) on a permanent, full-time basis.
The role drives safeguarding and professional standards across the Chancery offices and Parishes of the Diocese.
The Manger for Safeguarding (Chancery) is required to demonstrate visible leadership in building a culture of safeguarding within the Chancery by providing expert advice, empowering Clergy to promote and ensure safeguarding practices are central to the ministries of parish life, and by implementing safeguarding policies and systems.
The successful candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Tertiary qualifications or other significant relevant experience in law, policing, compliance, social work, psychology or a related discipline
- An understanding of common law and legislation that impact Diocesan clergy including the safeguarding and professional standards regulatory framework
- A thorough understanding of safeguarding and child protection principles and practices
- Experience undertaking complex investigations
- Experience managing a team, working with minimal supervision while remaining a team player
- An ability to operate with discretion and maintain strict confidentiality
- The right to work in Australia with no limitations, and
- Will be required to undertake a National Police History Check and Working With Children Check.
To obtain a copy of the position description for further details, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV and a brief cover letter addressing the skillsets required for this role to email@example.com.
Applications close Wednesday 21 July 2021.
Vacancies in Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Broken Bay
Vacancies in CatholicCare, Diocese of Broken Bay