Are you keen to be part of a renewed vision for Evangelisation in the Diocese of Broken Bay?
Bishop Anthony Randazzo, who recently marked one year of service and ministry as the fourth Bishop of Broken Bay, has realigned some of the structures and roles within the Diocese to more adequately represent a unity of purpose and common vision for all the agencies and works of the Diocese.
The Bishop has been clear about the missionary mandate of the Diocese unified around his pastoral priorities with a focus on parish renewal and discipleship and the Good News of the Gospel. Bishop Anthony reiterated that at the heart of the mission of the Diocese “lies the person of Jesus Christ and his message of Good News”.
Bishop Anthony has announced a call out to enthusiastic, faith filled and appropriately skilled people who might help implement his dynamic vision.
“As the Bishop of the Diocese of Broken Bay, I am shaping a team of people who can meet the challenges of our time with a bold and authentic vision to accomplish the will of God,” he said.
Six roles have been advertised in the Evangelisation Broken Bay and Communications Teams.
You are passionate about bringing the good news of Jesus Christ to others and empowering them to become genuine disciples of Christ. You are someone who:
- Is committed to prayer and discernment
- Has a love for authentic Catholic teaching
- Inspires others
- Is independent and collaborative
- Can think creatively and communicate effectively
- Translates ideas into priorities and actions
Evangelisation Broken Bay
St Agatha’s Catholic Parish, Pennant Hills
Youth Minister – Pastoral Support Worker
10 hours per week
Do you have a passion for working with youth and young people? Are you dynamic and enthusiastic about the Catholic faith? Are you willing to help our youth and young people engage with their faith in a fun, caring and supportive environment? St Agatha’s Catholic Parish, Pennant Hills invites you to join our team as a Youth Minister.The primary purpose of the role is to provide pastoral support services to the Parish community and support parish ministries.To achieve this, the Youth Minister works under the direction of the Parish Priest and with the Parish team to provide coordinated support services to enhance the Youth ministry within the Parish.
1. A personal faith and commitment to the mission of the Catholic Church;
2. Experience in the development, implementation and maintenance of youth pastoral ministry based on contemporary youth ministry programs, ensuring a sense of community, belonging and fun for the youth and young adults in the Parish;
3. The ability to involve the youth in Liturgy and the life of the Parish, especially through liturgical music;
4. The ability to provide strong engagement across social media platforms (e.g. Facebook, Instagram) to promote parish activities and events and maintain ongoing communication with youth and young adults;
5. The ability to contribute to and promote a culture of safety and care for Children, Young People, and those that are more vulnerable.
6. A proven record in working collaboratively and consultatively across a wide spectrum of stakeholders;
7. Proficient skills in contemporary computer applications including the Microsoft Office suite.
More details and a position description are available from Jackie Hanson (Chancery HR) on 8379 1667 or firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit the following documents:
1. Cover Letter
3. Written statement which addresses each of the selection criteria.
Applications close 4pm, Monday, 14 December 2020.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a pre-employment Working with Children Check and National Police History Check.
Vacancies in Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Broken Bay
Vacancies in CatholicCare, Diocese of Broken Bay